|Title:||Corporate Law Clerk|
The intern will work closely with the General Counsel. The General Counsel is responsible for providing legal advice to all areas of the business. This includes a wide range of substantive areas including commercial law, corporate governance, labor and employment, privacy and information security, intellectual property, and merger and acquisitions. The Law Clerk will work in some of these substantive areas depending upon the needs of the business but will primarily focus on commercial contracts. The intern must be able to conduct research, review documents, and draft memoranda.
The Law Clerk will enhance attorney effectiveness by performing research and summarizing findings, organizing legal documents, performing contract reviews, and drafting legal documents.
- Reviews and summarizes day-to-day corporate contracts, such as non-disclosure agreements, including analyzing them for legal issues and business impacts
- Drafts, reviews and updates contract templates, such as master service agreements and statements of work
- Researches relevant areas of law and writes memorandums answering specific legal questions
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications
- Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to the legal function
- 3L candidates and graduates without bar admission are preferred, but other class years may be considered. Undergraduate students will not be considered.
- Candidates must be able to conduct legal research, including primary and secondary law sources as well as contract drafting resources.
- Candidates must have strong written and oral communication skills, attention to detail, dependability, and must be able to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Candidates should be skilled in legal administration, organization, planning, and problem solving.
- Candidates should be adept at software utilization for drafting and negotiation, including creation of tables of contents and other references, general formatting, headers and footers, and tracking changes with detailed comments.
- Candidates with interest or experience in corporate or business law or the technology industry are preferred.
Cumberland Group, LLC is an EEO/AA employer.
If you are unable to complete this application online, you may contact Human Resources by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 770-726-3016.
Please do not contact employer unless you are unable to apply online. Not accepting resumes from Recruiting Agencies.